Luxembourg, 19 June 2015 - A new start for social Europe?
The Jacques Delors Institute organises with the Luxembourg government a seminar about the priorities to give a new start to social Europe after the crisis, in the framework of the preparation of the Luxembourg European presidency.
Find more information here.
09.30 > 09.40
Welcoming address by Nicolas SCHMIT, Minister for Labour, Employment and Immigration of Luxembourg
09.40 > 10.00
Keynote speech by Marianne THYSSEN, Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility
10.00 > 11.20 Round table 1 – Restoring socio-economic convergence between Member states in the EU and EMU
- Maria João RODRIGUES, Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Bernadette SEGOL, General Secretary of ETUC
- Guntram WOLFF*, Director of BruegelChair: Andrés ORTEGA KLEIN, Director of the analysis policy unit of the Spanish prime minister’s office
11.20 > 11.30 Coffee Break
11.30 > 12.50 Round table 2 – Investing in human capital and responding to long-term societal challenges
- Anton HEMERIJCK, Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences at the VU University Amsterdam
- Juan MENÉNDEZ-VALDÉS, Director of the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Eurofound)
- Ana DIAMANTOPOULOU, Former member of the European Commission
Chair: Michael STABENOW, EU Correspondent for « Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung »
12.50 > 14.00 Lunch
14.00 > 15.20 Round table 3 – Towards a more efficient and fairer labour mobility in the EU
- László ANDOR, Visiting professor at IEE –ULB, former member of the European Commission
- Pascal LAMY, Emeritus President of the Jacques Delors Institute
- Markus BEYRER, Director General of Business Europe
Chair: Jean QUATREMER, Journalist at « Libération »
15.20 > 15.30 Concluding remarks by Nicolas SCHMIT, Minister for Labour, Employment and Immigration