Brussels, 31 March 2015 - The priorities of the Committee on budgets for the current legislature
Introduced by Jean Arthuis, Chairman of the Committee on budgets, this seminar include four sessions :
I - Expenditure management : How to optimise the use of resources for growth and jobs?
- II - Impact of current EU budget instruments on investment (EIB, financial instruments, Public-Private Partnerships)
- III - The next MFF: Prospects for the revenue and expenditure side of the EU budget
- IV - How to improve interinstitutional cooperation and engage EU institutions, national parliaments and other stakeholders in the debates on the EU budget.
Guest speakers are :
- Mario Marcel(Senior Director Governance Global Practice at the World Bank Group)- Philippe Maystadt (President of the Centre International de Formation Europeenne(CIFE), former President of the EIB)
- Dominique de Crayencour, (Secretary-General of the European Long-Term Investors association (ELTI))
- Gabriele Cipriani (Principle Adviser, European Court of Auditors)- Peter Wostner (expert working at the Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy, Slovenia)
- Giacomo Benedetto (Senior Lecturer in Politics, Department of Politics and International Relations, European Studies Centre, Royal Holloway University of London)
For more information, see the programme.