Brussels, 19 January 2015 - Avoiding a "lost generation": the EU vs the youth unemployment?
After an introduction by Isabel Mota, there will be two round tables with high quality panelists :
EU initiatives and financial support for youth employment: assessing past initiatives and identifying priorities for the years to come
- László ANDOR, Senior Fellow at the Hertie School of Governance, former EU Commissioner
- Heinz KOLLER, Regional Director for Europe at the International Labour Organization
- Massimiliano MASCHERINI, Research manager at Eurofound, author of a report on the “NEET”
- Chair: Bart VANHERCKE, Director of the European Social Observatory
Proposals to reinforce youth mobility in the EU as a way to guarantee full youth employment - which costs and benefits for young people and for the home/host countries?
- Christian EGE, Former State Secretary of Saarland, project “Europatriates”
- Pedro MOTA SOARES, Minister for Employment and Social Affairs from Portugal
- António SILVA MENDES, Director at DG Education of the European Commission, responsible for the coordination of Erasmus +
- Chair: António VITORINO, President of Notre Europe-Jacques Delors Institute
Closing speech by Marianne THYSSEN, EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility