Belgrad, 21 September 2012 - Fighting financial crisis: the Eurozone and beyond
On 20 - 22 September 2012 Yves Bertoncini, secretary general of Notre Europe, will participate in the 2nd Belgrade Security Forum on "Coping with the crisis: Challenges to democracy and security" that will take place in Hotel Hyatt Regency, Milentija Popovića 6, Belgrade, Serbia.
Mr Bertoncini will participate in the Session 7: Fighting financial crisis: the Eurozone and beyond, debating following topics:
• The financial crisis spreading across Eurozone countries have emerged into an urgent problem for policy and decision makers. One of the most important questions emerged is Can the Eurozone be saved or is it too big to bail?
• Additional questions that still instigate wider debate are should Europe move ahead with deeper political integration process or establish rules that would simulate a “fiscal union?” Is fiscal union the key to resolving the exposure of the Eurozone to debt crisis?
• Whether introducing Eurobonds and expanding the Eurozone’s bailout fund would be sufficient and long lasting solution? How to conduct efficiently Europe-wide bank recapitalization?
• Addressing the Eurozone’s deeper defects cannot be postponed endlessly therefore is the solution: founding a comprehensive system of economic governance and enhanced powers for the ECB so that it can act as a lender of last resort?
• In the longer term, how can radical reforms in capital, product, and labor markets aimed at boosting competitiveness and restoring growth prospects in the EU be effectively implemented?
• Almut Moller, Head of Program, Alfred Von
Oppenheim Center for European Policy
Studies, German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP)
• Yves Bertoncini, Secretary General, Notre Europe
• Kori Udovicki, President, CEVES (TBC)